We want to assure you that your health remains our top priority. We are taking all the precautions recommended by the CDC to limit transmission of COVID-19. We have added additional safeguards by implementing pre-screening procedures. Our team is dedicated to providing our patients with the urgent care they need in a safe environment.
It may seem as if urgent care centers are COVID hotbeds, but that couldn’t be further than the truth! Please read below for details on the process that all patients must take, allowing us to be safer than the grocery store or restaurant.
- Screening at the door – All patients are screened at the door for a high temperature and COVID symptoms.
- Masks are required – We require masks for both patients and providers in order to keep everyone safe. We can provide a mask and gloves to you at our outside screening if you do not have one.
- Separate entrance – Rapid Med has setup a separate entrance for suspected COVID cases or those displaying COVID symptoms in order to keep our primary waiting room as safe as possible.
- Social distancing – We have adjusted our waiting room to provide enough space for proper social distancing while you wait to be brought back to a room. You may also wait in your car. In addition our online sign in minimizes unnecessary time in the waiting room.
- Frequent cleaning – While Rapid Med has always had procedures in place for frequent cleaning, we have turned those measures up to 11 to keep you and your family safe.
- Applying CDC guidance – We continue to maintain communication with the CDC to ensure that we are following all protocols and procedures. In many cases our protocols go above and beyond their recommendations.
- Web check-in – Minimize your time in the waiting room by utilizing our web check-in. If you do this, when it’s time to come in, you will not need to fill out additional paperwork and can see the provider almost immediately.
- In-room checkout – Rapid Med is providing in-room checkout to reduce the traffic in communal spaces. While this minimizes your exposure, it’s also very convenient!
We ask for your patience during your visit as we follow these protocols. They are not in place to be an inconvenience, but to provide a place for the community to get medical care without worry of infection.