Rapid Med Walk-In Clinic
October 23, 2020
October 23, 2020
Accidents and illnesses can happen at the most unexpected times, which is why it’s important that every family knows where to go when immediate medical care is required.
Whether you need a prescription refilled over the weekend, or you are looking for a diagnosis and treatment, a walk-in clinic is a great solution for people of all ages.
What’s The Difference Between a Walk-in Clinic and an Emergency Room?
Some people are hesitant to visit a walk-in clinic (commonly referred to as an urgent care) because they assume that it’s similar to a trip to the emergency room.
It can be confusing to know the differences between an urgent care and emergency room. But there are distinct differences between the level of care offered in each of these places.
Prompt, walk-in services in an urgent care are much more affordable compared to the prices you’d pay in the ER. As you learn more about local walk-in clinics, it’s easy to see why this form of medical care is growing in popularity right now. These medical offices are ready to help with anything you would normally address with a primary care doctor.
On the other hand, emergency rooms are prepared for the most critical needs, such as situations that threaten a person’s life or limb. Traumatic injuries affecting internal organs, as well as emergency conditions such as strokes or heart attacks, are best treated in an emergency room.
Should You Visit a Walk-in Clinic?
What factors should be considered if you are considering a visit to a walk-in clinic? First, consider the severity of the illness or injury. While walk-in clinics are well-staffed and prepared to help with a variety of medical concerns, life-threatening situations should be taken to the ER.
Here are a few examples of situations that can be addressed in any walk-in clinic:
- You wake up with unexplained abdominal pain
- A child has a sore throat with white patches
- An ankle is swelling after missing a stair while carrying groceries
- An accident occurred on the sports field, resulting in swelling and pain
- A toddler spikes a high fever over the weekend
At Rapid Med, our walk-in clinic goes beyond normal urgent cares and can handle many situations typically thought of as emergency room, such as:
- Evaluation of Most Chest Pain
- On Site X-Rays
- Evaluation of Acute Abdominal Pain
- Lacerations and Cuts of All Sizes
- Foreign Body Removal
Emergency room visits cost a fortune. Rapid Med can provide many of the same services without emergency room costs.
Urgent situations happen every so often. It doesn’t matter if you are dealing with an injury or illness, you are faced with the uncertainty about where to go for medical care.
Visiting a walk-in clinic like Rapid Med can be a terrific choice over the emergency room for a large number of scenarios.
Benefits of Visiting a Walk-in Clinic
Why should you visit a walk-in clinic? These are some of the most popular reasons why families choose urgent care services instead of going to the ER or a primary care doctor:
- Save Money: The cost of an urgent care visit is a fraction of the price you will pay in the emergency room. Minor injuries don’t require ER services, so there is no reason to pay ER prices.
- Insurance Coverage: Often, a walk-in clinic will accept your insurance coverage. When you have good insurance, you don’t have to pay urgent care fees. This visit costs the same as a regular office visit, so your out-of-pocket costs will be minimal.
- Extended Hours: Do you find it inconvenient to visit a doctor during regular business hours? If you are busy at work or you don’t want to pull a child out of school, then a walk-in clinic might be a better fit for your schedule. Not only do we offer extended evening hours, but our clinic is always open on the weekends.
- Convenience: It’s nice to have a skilled medical team close to home. You don’t have to drive far to access the best services from a board-certified professional.
- No Appointment: When you are sick, it’s frustrating if you have to wait a few days before seeing the doctor. A walk-in clinic solves this problem by offering immediate medical attention when you need it the most. If your doctor is booked a few days out, then you might choose to visit a walk-in clinic instead.
Give it a try – visit our walk-in clinic to see how convenient it can be to receive same-day medical care. We focus on the needs of each patient, giving you our undivided attention when you need to talk to a nurse or doctor.
For Your Safety: COVID-19 Precautions at Rapid Med Walk-In Clinic
Your health is always our priority, which is why we are proactive about maintaining the strictest guidelines for health safety. Our staff is proactive about following precautions to limit transmission of COVID-19, as recommended by the CDC.
Some patients have been hesitant to seek routine medical care because they are worried about COVID-19 exposure in the office. But medical offices are arguably safer than grocery stores because of the processes that ALL staff and patients must follow:
- Screening at the door for potential symptoms
- Masks are required
- Social distancing, including the option to wait in your car for the appointment
- Online sign-in to minimize the time in the waiting room
- In-room checkout to reduce traffic in communal spaces
- Separate entrance for suspected COVID-19 cases
- Frequent cleaning to sanitize surfaces
- Following all updated guidelines, going above and beyond CDC recommendations
Please be patient and courteous when visiting our office. These protocols aren’t meant to be an inconvenience – instead, we are proactive in creating a place where everyone can access medical care without worrying about exposure.
Walk-In Clinic in Highland Village and Double Oak, TX
If you live in or near Double Oak, TX, then our walk-in clinic is here to serve your family. The Highland Village location provides a team of medical experts who are actively involved in the community – offering quality care when you need it.
The Highland Village office borders Double Oak, located at the corner of Justin and Chinn Chapel Road.
Walk-In Clinic in The Colony, TX
Families in and around The Colony, TX can also access convenient walk-in services at Rapid Med. Rapid Med is privately owned, by a local resident in your community in The Colony.
This location can be visited at the corner of Memorial Drive and Main Street, providing services for patients in all of the surrounding areas: Lantana, Flower Mound, and Argyle.
Walk-In Clinic in Argyle, TX
Opening at the end of 2020, Rapid Med will be opening a walk-in clinic at
391 US 377 Argyle, TX 76226. Construction is underway!
On-Demand Virtual Medical Care
Another option is to book an appointment with our office to have a telemedicine visit. It’s easy to see a doctor when you can have a conversation from the comfort of your home.
This service gives you the ability to discuss personal medical care by using a computer, smartphone, or tablet. On-Demand services are available at your convenience, during regular office hours.
Various Options for Quality Health Services
You have the option to schedule an appointment or walk right into our office during regular business hours. If you need medical care or a routine exam, then our team of medical professionals is available to help.
For more information about available services at our walk-in clinic, call us at Rapid Med Urgent Care. Sign in and get medical attention in person at one of our locations. We’re here to help!